See the Chapter Calendar for when the Honors and Awards Commmittee meets.
The committee has 6 official charges for 2021-2022:
- Establish Design Award categories using 2020 as baseline, and submission criteria.
- Consider a student affiliate specific design award category: area of innovation.
- Consider an Associate member specific design award category.
- Consider criteria such as social impact such as effect on people and communities.
- Assist the E.D. manage any submission software and solicit submissions for Design Awards and Archistar.
- Establish a Design Awards Jury of architects from 1 or more AIA Chapters. Identify a Jury Liaison from the Chapter, who will instruct Jury on protocols and manage them through deliberations.
- Create a Design Awards presentation. Coordinate presentation of winners at the Annual Meeting & Design Awards Celebration, with a member of the jury.
- Assist and coordinate with E.D. and Events & Programming Committee on Design Awards Celebration event.
- Identify 1 member to liaison to the communications committee.
If you are interested in joining or contributing to any of these items, please contact Roni Phipps at roni.phipps[@ aia-ri.org].