The American Institute of Architects (AIA) is the voice of the architectural profession, dedicated to serving its members, advancing their value, and improving the quality of the built environment.
Since 1857, the AIA has represented the professional interests of America's architects. As AIA members, more than 77,000 licensed architects, emerging professionals, and allied partners in designing express their commitment to excellence and livability in our nation's buildings and communities.
Membership in the AIA offers a vast pool of resources to help you compete in today's market and keeps you informed of critical professional issues that may challenge your success. We invite you to become a member today. Please select your membership category from among the following descriptions.
Architect Member (AIA) Join
Individuals licensed to practice architecture in U.S. State or Territory.
Associate Member (Assoc. AIA) Join
Assoc. AIA is open to individuals who meet one of the following criteria:
- Recent graduate with a degree in architecture , or
- Currently enrolled in the Intern Development Program (IDP) and working towards licensure, or
- Currently work under the supervision of an architect or hold a degree in architecture, or
- Faculty member in a university program in architecture.
AIAri's mission is to provide programs and resources for everyone with an interest in design excellence and the built environment. Allied members are a vital part of our community. Your membership includes:
- Mailings notifying you of our events, programs and seminars.
- Member-pricing for up to four members of your firm for any AIA-sponsored event.
- Your company's listing in Premises, The AIA|Rhode Island Chapter newsletter, published 3 times a year, which is read and kept as a reference by our members and many organizations in the design community.
- Free publicity about your company, work and achievements in our chapter newsletter and online newsblasts.
- Discounts on advertising, sponsorships, and other opportunities for access to our membership.
- Listing in our official Membership Directory along with listing on our web directory.
- Special networking and social events such as the Summer Expo and our popular Annual Golf Tournament just to name a few.
If you wish to become an Allied Member, please fill out the PDF form below and fax or mail to our office. We will get back in touch with your shortly. Please visit our benfits page to learn the benefits of becomming a Corporate Affiliate Member.
You may pay via paypal or send a check to AIAri PO Box 9325, Providence, RI. Please email form to
Allied Member Form (pdf)