In just 10 days, architects, designers, and experts from around New England will be in downtown Providence for the AIA New England Regional Conference, and you should be there. Why?
From discussions on the evolution of the profession and the impacts of climate change, to visiting local adaptive reuse projects and tours of the riverfront development, you'll get first hand insight into how architecture, practice, and our cities continue to transform.
- Hovels to Havens: An Architectural Pub Crawl: Join us as local architects share the stories of three architectural transformations. Then tour these spaces to experience them, and their tasty offerings, for yourself!
- Opening reception at TRAC: Come by to eat, drink, and explore the rich history of the home of TRAC Builders, an 1890's jewelry factory that is now their net-zero corporate headquarters.
- Bryan Bell, Founder and Executive Director of Design Corps: Keynote presentation where you'll learn how you can maximize the public value of design.
- Discussions focused on the most current issues facing architectural practice:
- The Ongoing Evolution of the Profession
- Proven Strategies for Incentivizing Better Redevelopment
- Understanding the Impact of Climate Change in New England
- Urban Revitalization in the Creative Capital
- Tours of past, present, and future revitalization projects:
- Visit The Providence G and The Arcade
- A walking tour of the Providence Riverwalk and The LINK
- AIA New England Design Awards Celebration: Join us, and Susan Szenasy of Metropolis Magazine, for a celebration of your work at a venue where you can view the work of artists and designers from throughout history, the RISD Museum Grand Portrait Gallery!
To see the full conference schedule, visit bit.ly/AIANECon2014.