In 2021, the Committee on the Environment (COTE) is typically meeting on, the last Monday of each month.
The committee has 6 official charges for 2021-2022:
- Provide continuing education opportunities focused on incorporating sustainable design into daily practice.
- Strengthen alliances with local organizations to increase visibility, awareness, and advocacy around sustainability and climate related issues.
- Advocate to reduce carbon and improve racial inequity through greener design.
- Hold monthly meetings to create a forum to discuss and champion a culture of sustainability within the Rhode Island profession of architecture and AIA-RI, in alignment with current AIA public policies and position statements.
- Review AIA-RI’s Directory of Public Policies and Position Statements. Identify to the Executive Director which existing AIA public policies and AIA supporting statements the committee would like to review in 2021 and 2022, for potential AIA-RI supplemental public policies and/or supporting statements. Commence review and submit a detailed report at quarterly intervals.
- Identify 1 member to liaison to the communications committee.
If you are interested in joining or contributing to any of these items, please contact Roni Phipps at roni.phipps[@ aia-ri.org].