See the Chapter Calendar for when the Membership Commmittee meets.
The committee has 7 official charges for 2021-2022:
- Hold regular meetings to create a forum to discuss member benefits, ways members may engage and participate in the Chapter, and member concerns.
- Welcome new members to the Chapter and introduce them to benefits of AIA Rhode Island membership. (Bylaws req.)
- Provide new (AIA) Chapter members a welcome letter, membership certificate, and a Gold AIA pin. Provide new (Assoc. AIA) Chapter members a welcome letter, membership certificate, and a Silver AIA pin.
- Assist E.D. in maintaining membership lists and growing membership:
- Licensure Candidates and manage dues waiver program.
- Young Architects in Chapter (licensed 10-years or less).
- Student Affiliate members.
- Allied members
- Assist E.D. in managing the Chapter Partnership program, and in coordinating updates to event sponsor opportunities with other committees, particularly Events.
- Promote Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) for firm recruitment. Coordinate with J.E.D.I. as required.
- Propose to Board a workplan for creating a true census of the RI Architectural Profession. Coordinate criteria and scope with J.E.D.I. and ExCom as required.
- Identify 1 member to liaison to the communications committee.
If you are interested in joining or contributing to any of these items, please contact Roni Phipps at roni.phipps[@ aia-ri.org].