1 LU | HSW
Zoom Registration required
Course Description: This course provides information about Fire Features and Outdoor Kitchen Construction that combine art and science to design aesthetically pleasing, functional and sustainable outdoor living spaces. The presented material will include an overview of gas and wood fire features, premium multi-fuel cooking equipment and accessories that include refrigeration and storage. The course will cover design and installation considerations with respect to the product safety, efficiency, durability and sustainability. Specifications, drawing details and sample applications will be considered for each element of design to equip the architect or design professional to effectively implement these products in their projects.
- At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Conceive design possibilities in safely implementing fire features to outdoor living spaces
- Distinguish between many available options in premium outdoor cooking equipment to deliver a sustainable and enjoyable user experience
- Design with health, safety and welfare factored into the integration of fire to shared spaces. Understand specified clearances to combustible materials, proper venting and service & maintenance
- Appreciate and discern the benefits and practical considerations for various fuel options available to outdoor living products