The ArchiStar Award recognizes exceptional individual contributions to architecture in Rhode Island by non-architects. Any AIAri member may nominate an individual who has made significant contributions to a specific project or has had success in a particular program or initiative. Examples of potential nominees include, but are not limited to, owners, consultants, contractors, educators, and government officials.
Winning individuals and a guest will be invited to attend the AIAri Honor & Design Awards Celebration! where they will be recognized as part of the design awards ceremony. Nominations shall consist of a maximum 250 word statement, in a PDF document on letterhead, describing the contributions of the nominee (no photos, please).
- 2020 - Noel Sanchez, Casa Buena Builders
- 2019 - Romolo Marsella, Marsella Development Corporation
- 2018 - M. David Odeh, Odeh Engineers
- 2016 - Barnaby Evans and Peter Mello, WaterFire and The WaterFire Arts Center
- 2012 - Clark Schoettle, Providence Revolving Fund
- 2011 - Mark Stenning, International Tennis Hall of Fame
- 2011 - Michelle Wilcox, Crossroad Rhode Island
- 2010 - Thomas Guerra, The Foundry Associates LP
- 2010 - Henry Kinch, Rhode Island Public Transit Authority
- 2010 - Lucie Searle, Development Manager and Preservationist, AS220
- 2010 - Linda Bradley, Home Access Coordinator, Ocean State Center for Independent Living
- 2010 - Charles M. Royce , Owner, The Ocean House Hotel
- 2010 - Daniel Mechnig, President, The Providence Art Club