Red House Design Build: Job Captain
Job Responsibilities and Duties
As an integral part of the design team, the Senior Architect/Job Captain is responsible for guiding projects through Red House’s pre-construction process and developing creative and constructible design solutions that satisfy client goals. This position must demonstrate the company’s core values of Excellence, Accountability, Service, Collaboration, and Urgency.
- Create great design solutions that accomplish client goals (stylistic, budgetary, schedule) and communicate these solutions effectively to Red House’s in-house production team through thorough construction documents.
- Work in Revit to compile organized construction document sets and specifications that are both constructible and effectively communicate design intent. Develop technical details and product specifications.
- Communicate staff resourcing needs for projects to Design Department Manager and manage junior architects assigned to projects. Provide guidance and direction to junior staff to assist in their professional development as young architects.
- Maintain positive, working client relationships. Work with clients to determine desired budgets and schedules and develop projects accordingly. Provide frequent project updates.
- Attend and/or conduct on-site meetings with clients, vendors, and/or suppliers as required.
- Adhere to applicable building codes and work with city agencies to prepare permit submissions for approval.
- Coordinate with other professionals, such as lead carpenters, project managers, architects, engineers, and plumbers, to ensure job success.
- Prepare presentation graphics, including schematic plans, elevations, and renderings.
- Maintain and update Builder Trend design and production schedules.
- Estimate finish material requirements and costs and present design to client for approval.
- Assist the selections coordinator in obtaining and finalizing all selection specification information and provide information to internal departments to finalize contract details and purchase orders.
- Guide clients through the design and placement of kitchen cabinetry orders.
- Actively participate in team discussions and contribute positively to the Red House working environment.
- Other responsibilities and duties as required.
- 7+ years of experience working on residential architecture projects.
- Proficiency working in Revit.
- Proven experience delivering high-quality projects that exceed client expectations.
- Experienced leading and managing a team of drafters and junior architects.
- Strong interest in home renovation design and construction practices.
- Firm understanding of interior and exterior building methods and products with the desire to learn more and stay up to date with industry trends and innovations.
- Working knowledge of building codes and permitting processes.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at the same time while maintaining attention to detail and staying organized.
- Ability to communicate effectively with project team members, including clients and consultants.
- Professional image, outgoing and friendly personality.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Desire to always push the boundaries and think “outside of the triangle”.
- Proven proficiency working in Revit, AutoCAD, 2020, and Chief Architect.
- Bachelor Degree.
- Must have a reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license, and proof of vehicle insurance.
Applicants can email their resume and portfolio to email@example.com