Red House Design Build: Lead Designer
POSITION’S SUPERVISOR: Design Director, Stephanie Zurek, AIA
As an integral part of the design team, the Lead Designer is responsible for developing creative and constructible solutions that satisfy client needs. Lead Designers guide projects through the schematic and interior design phases and prepare projects for construction. The ideal Lead Designer has 10+ years of experience in upscale residential remodeling and has acted as an architect, project manager, or interior designer. This position must demonstrate the company’s core values of Excellence, Accountability, Service, Collaboration, and Urgency.
- Proven understanding of residential architecture and construction, including interior design and wood frame building
- Past experience in a position of responsibility and leadership planning and running projects
- Past experience working directly with clients on upscale and luxury remodeling and new construction projects
- Thorough understanding of permitting processes, site implications, and the construction trades
- Demonstrated knowledge of how to read, add to, and critique estimates for projects
- Ability to solve homeowners’ problems through style-specific, architectural interventions
- Adhere to applicable building codes and work with city agencies to prepare permit submissions for approval.
- Prepare presentation graphics, including schematic plans, elevations, and renderings.
- Assist the selections coordinator in obtaining and finalizing all selection specification information and provide information to internal departments to finalize contract details and purchase orders.
- Coordinate selections, details, and drawings with the cabinet specialist.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, while maintaining attention to detail and staying organized.
- Ability to communicate effectively with project team members, including clients and consultants.
- Lead project design for select projects and manage a team of junior designers and specialists.
- Interior/Exterior architecture and design
- Oversee the project budget and coordinate project pricing with Estimator
- Manage the project development schedule for each project to complete a full package, including drawings, specifications, special orders, and quotes, for the construction team
- 10+ years of experience working on residential architecture projects.
- 8+ years working in Revit or AutoCAD and Sketchup,
- Professional degree in architecture or interior design.
- Proficiency with Google Docs and cloud-based software. Communication and time management skills
- Firm understanding of interior and exterior building methods and products with the desire to learn more and stay up to date with industry trends and innovations.
- Working knowledge of building codes and permitting processes.
Who We Are:
Red House Design Build is dedicated to one simple idea: enhancing the lives of our clients. By combining upscale design, old-world craftsmanship, and 5-star service, our designers and builders create award-winning projects that represent the highest level of quality, beauty, and efficiency in our field. Personalized design, professional project management, and client satisfaction are the hallmarks of our company. Since 2006, Red House has evolved into the premier design, build, and remodeling firm in Rhode Island and Southern Massachusetts.
We offer a competitive compensation DOE, plus benefits, and a profit sharing plan. Please Submit resume, portfolio, and cover letter for consideration.