ROXBURY COMMUNITY COLLEGE: Recruitment and Career Development Manager for the Center for Smart Building Technology
ABOUT ROXBURY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community, including peoples of color, recent immigrants, and non-traditional populations. The College’s mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high-quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL, and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age, and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Recruitment and Career Development Manager
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: This position reports to the Executive Director of the Center for Smart Building Technology
WORK SCHEDULE: Hours are flexible and include nights and weekends when needed. Reliability and punctuality according to assigned schedule is expected.
One of the primary goals of the Center for Smart Building Technology program is to provide access to increased opportunities for successful careers in the energy efficiency industry among Massachusetts residents, especially women, minorities, people of color, disabled individuals, protected veterans, and members of the LGBTQ community between the ages of 18–25 years old. The c4SBT strives to establish an ecosystem of support to recruit new students into the existing growing BAS industry and connect them with well-paying jobs/internships as new entrants into the energy efficiency workforce.
This position serves as team leader for two main support functions: Community and Employer Engagement. Community Engagement will focus on c4SBT in creating community outreach to high school students and others in the Greater Boston area including Roxbury, Dorchester, and Mattapan neighborhoods to make them aware of Building Automation and Energy Efficiency careers paths the training opportunities available at the Center. Employer Engagement: This position also connects c4SBT students with employers and internships after completing their studies. The Recruitment and Career Development Manager will also assist with implementing continuous improvement strategies to ensure that services are efficient, effective, high quality, and business-centered and help advance the Center.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Outreach: Inform and promote program promotional marketing material to track recruits; plan and implement community outreach efforts. Participate in Open Registration activities. Provide timely and professional responses to telephone, email, and walk-in inquiries from students. Collaborate with the marketing department to develop meaningful marketing material and social media to branding to promote the Center’s programs. Update marketing materials for flyers and the website. Attend college and community events to promote and recruit students.
- Stakeholder engagement: Proactively develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external educational and clean energy stakeholders. Engagement includes but is not limited to liaising with external community and workforce development stakeholders, managing relationships with academic institutions, and collaborating with state workforce development entities and other industry actors to develop internship and job placement pipelines. Conduct public presentations to businesses and the community at large to inform them of corporate training programs. Serve as the initial point of contact for Business inquiries. Serve businesses in a way that business focused and emphasis Return on Investment (ROI).
- Goal Tracking & Development: Set diverse recruitment and internships placement goals, track recruit development and placement to support with tracking program performance and overall evaluation. Collect and analyze data to monitor and evaluate student outcomes
- Internship Program Development: Create, develop, and manage the c4SBT internship program. Work with potential employers to research and generate local employment opportunities for students. Track placement opportunities and align them with recruit interest, skillset, and future opportunities for long-term employment.
- Program Management: Help ensure compliance with program certification requirements and implement strategies to improve and expand the Center’s corporate and customized programs, including hybrid and contextualized programs. Manage the day-to-day operations of assigned training programs. Evaluate programs and Instructors. Ensure compliance with third-party certification bodies’ requirements. Assess and register students and recommend them for acceptance to programs. Assess student performance in achieving course goals and objectives. Collaborate to continually improve programs. Attend campus meetings and serves on committees, as required. Maintain updated course description, course outline, and syllabi as appropriate. Keep accurate records following the Roxbury Community College policies.
- Any other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the center
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; Master’s preferred
- 3 + years minimum experience workforce development program recruitment and or administration and implementation, experience working in one of the following fields: human resources, talent acquisition, human capital development, career development, or career training.
- General familiarity with the Boston Public School system and community groups in the Roxbury, Dorchester, Mattapan neighborhoods
- Experience managing partnerships or relationships with nonprofit workforce development and or experience working with environmental justice communities, low income, and diverse communities to increase access into the workforce.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to generate clear, concise information and to vary writing styles to meet the needs of a variety of audiences
- Initiative to create and develop new processes, procedures, systems and policies
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask
- Able to maintain high levels of confidentiality, credibility, and professionalism
- Ability to understand, interpret and follow federal, state, and local policies and regulations
- Ability to work and collaborate with diverse populations
- Proven ability to apply analytical skills and pay close attention to detail
- Ability to identify, assess, and resolve issues promptly
- Ability to deliver high-quality work with adherence to internal and external deadlines
- Proficiency in relevant software, e.g., Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of applicable industry practices, trends, and legislation
- Familiarity with issues of equity and intersectionality
- Fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, or another language is commonly spoken in Massachusetts is an asset
- Ability to be comfortable in engaging with multiple stakeholder types
- Experience working with a contact management system such as Hubspot to track recruits
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission, or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all higher education institutes to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.edu/clery.
The appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Application Deadline: Applicants accepted on a rolling basis until filled.
Expected Start Date: Immediately
Salary: $80,000 (This is a 3-year grant funded position)
To apply, please submit:
- Cover letter
- References upon request