Studio Luz Architects, ltd.: Architectural Designer
About Studio Luz Architects, ltd.
We are a forward-thinking practice engaged in a broad range of project types at various scales. We prioritize social responsibility and sustainable construction practices for the betterment of society at large. We have an enthusiastic design ethos with a supportive and inclusive team approach.
About this position
We seek and exceptional individual to join our Boston office! This position is for a beginning Architectural Designer. The candidate should have 0-5 years of professional experience and graduated with an accredited professional degree in architecture. The ideal candidate will have a passion for design, appetite for precision, mental agility to work across various project types, excellent time management skills, will deliver on deadlines, and a willingness to engage design challenges with joyful enthusiasm.
Responsibilities will include working closely with the Firm’s Principals and colleagues. This will include design, architectural production work, assisting with presentations, and working collaboratively with project teams through all phases of a project. In addition, the candidate will assist with the firm’s marketing efforts, including social media content, helping with proposals, and developing portfolio materials. This position will also have opportunities to work with clients, community members, and participate in public presentations. The position also involves preparing work for the coordination with professional consultants, managing document sets/models in Revit.
• Accredited professional degree in Architecture (BArch or MArch)
• 0-5 years of professional experience.
• Interest in the design of interior architecture, multi-family residential, institutional, restaurant,
retail, office, and community art projects.
• Basic knowledge of Revit.
• Proficiency with Rhino, V-Ray and/or Twin Motion, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop,
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple, tight deadlines and work on various
• Highly organized and detail-oriented team-player.
• Excellent graphic presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Strong critical thinking skills, and ability to translate design concepts from inspiration to
We offer salaries commensurate with experience, a competitive benefits package, and 401K. During the COVID-19 Pandemic, work is in-person with Friday’s remote.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and samples of work in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org