WEBINAR: Sustainable Performance Coatings for Architectural Applications
Tue January 9, 2024 at 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
1 LU | HSW
Presented by IFS Coatings
Course Description: This course is an introduction to performance powder coatings for architectural applications. The course will give participants an understanding of how powder is manufactured and applied, the different technical performance capabilities of powder and the different types of architectural grade powder. We will delve into the different applications for powder coating on architectural projects, how powder meets and exceeds the performance requirements of the AAMA Coating specifications and how it compares with traditional liquid coatings. We will also cover the sustainability advantages of powder, the design possibilities using powder coatings and what to watch out for when specifying powder coating.
- Participants will understand what powder coating is, how it is manufactured and applied and how this is beneficial to an architectural project.
- Participants will understand the three grades of architectural powder and be able to identify suitable architectural applications for powder coatings on any project.
- Participants will understand how powder coatings comply with the AAMA coating specifications and be able to choose the correct type and performance level to meet the project specification.
- Participants will consider the practical implications of choosing and specifying powder coatings on an architectural project as well as the various design options available to them in powder form.
- Participants will be able to identify the reasons why powder is a more environmentally responsible choice than equivalent liquid coatings.