- This event has passed.
WEBINAR: Mineral Solutions for Restoration of Historic Masonry in a Modern World
Tue April 19, 2022 at 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
1 LU | HSW
Zoom Registration required
Presented by KEIM Mineral Coatings of America, Inc.
Course Description: This continuing education series course will cover mineral silicate paints, stains, patches, mortars and plasters and how they function and what makes them inherently compatible for restoration of historic masonry facades. We will explore the legendary durability of mineral paints and when and where to specify them for successful restoration projects. We will explore how mineral finishes are incredibly eco-friendly, sustainable and protect our air quality.
- Understand unique properties of mineral silicate finishes for historic restoration
- Learn about the history and legendary durability of mineral silicate finishes
- How mineral finish physical properties are compatible with historic masonry
- See how lightfast mineral colors—simply won’t fade
- How thoughtfully preserving and retrofitting historic masonry is sustainable, Eco-friendly and can reduce global carbon emissions (save not build-new)
- Explore unique mineral silicate finishes for restoration purposes
- Explore historic reference projects and case studies