The ArchiStar Award recognizes exceptional individual contributions to architecture in Rhode Island by non-architects. Any AIAri member may nominate an individual who has made significant contributions to a specific project or has had success in a particular program or initiative. Examples of potential nominees include, but are not limited to, owners, consultants, contractors, educators, and government officials.
Winning individuals and a guest will be invited to attend the AIAri Honor & Design Awards Celebration! where they will be recognized as part of the design awards ceremony. Nominations shall consist of a maximum 250 word statement, in a PDF document on letterhead, describing the contributions of the nominee (no photos, please).
The 2022 ArchiStar recipient will be announced at the annual Honors & Awards Celebration! in late 2022.
- 2021 – Richardson Ogidan
- 2020 – Noel Sanchez, Casa Buena Builders
- 2019 – Romolo Marsella, Marsella Development Corporation
- 2018 – M. David Odeh, Odeh Engineers
- 2016 – Barnaby Evans and Peter Mello, WaterFire and The WaterFire Arts Center
- 2012 – Clark Schoettle, Providence Revolving Fund
- 2011 – Mark Stenning, International Tennis Hall of Fame
- 2011 – Michelle Wilcox, Crossroad Rhode Island
- 2010 – Thomas Guerra, The Foundry Associates LP
- 2010 – Henry Kinch, Rhode Island Public Transit Authority
- 2010 – Lucie Searle, Development Manager and Preservationist, AS220
- 2010 – Linda Bradley, Home Access Coordinator, Ocean State Center for Independent Living
- 2010 – Charles M. Royce , Owner, The Ocean House Hotel
- 2010 – Daniel Mechnig, President, The Providence Art Club