- This event has passed.
Providence Public Library Renovation Presentation and Building Tour
Tue December 13, 2022 at 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
This building tour is sponsored by Rhode Island Energy hosted by CLEAResult
The presentation will be conducted by Nate Taylor, project manager from Stephen Turner Inc., along with Mary Ann Upton the architect and Partner at designLAB architects and will feature the Providence Public Library building located in Providence, Rhode Island.
Please join us for a tour of the Providence Public Library Renovation. This tour and commercial energy code training will highlight how the project was constructed and built to meet the requirements of the State Energy Code (SBC-8-2013), which references the 2012 version of the international Energy Conservation Code (2012 IECC) with RI Amendments – the code in effect at the time of permitting.
- Learn about the current Rhode Island commercial energy codes, energy code background and energy code compliance pathways
- We will discuss how energy efficiency measures were incorporated into the building design
- Along with the high-performance building enclosure with improved thermal envelope, high efficiency HVAC equipment and lighting controls
- Learn about C-PACE the funding mechanism and Nuveen Green Capital the financial institution that was utilized to subsidize the project along with Rhode Island Energy’s Energy Code programs, which offers free training and technical support.
- Meet & greet in the Auditorium
- Refreshments and networking in the Seminar room
- Simultaneous student tour and presentation in the Auditorium
- Building tour 2