- This event has passed.
Online CE Webinar – Enhancing Interior Spaces with Indirect Lighting (Boston Light Source)
Wed April 15, 2020 at 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
ESL104 | Enhancing Interior Spaces with Indirect Lighting (Boston Light Source)
1.0 HSW – Register for Zoom CE Webinar, required.
Interior spaces can best be enhanced with layer lighting designs, which incorporate a combination of direct and indirect lighting. This course explores how indirect lighting can be used to improve the comfort level of a space and allow it to be used in multiple ways. Participants will learn lighting design techniques for dramatically illuminating ceilings, walls and backlighting through translucent materials. This course also examines the unique properties of LED luminaries and how they should be selected and specified to insure quality and performance.
Learning Objective 1:
• Analyze the basic principles of interior indirect lighting design.
• Reflecting light off of ceilings from a cove using wide to medium beam angles
•Reflecting light off of walls from a slot using medium to narrow beam angles.
• Reflecting light through translucent materials from a light box.
Learning Objective 2:
Calculate the optimal fixture placement, setback and intensity based on the desired effect and application.
Learning Objective 3:
Determine optimal light color and distribution to enhance finish colors and textures.
Learning Objective 4:
Specify energy efficient LED luminaries to insure quality and performance.
• Determining useful lifetime
• Measuring beam angles and output
• Understanding the color and quality of light
• Insuring consistence of lighting characteristics.