- This event has passed.
Registration is Now Open for the 2020 AIA New England Virtual Design Awards Event
Fri September 25, 2020 at 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Join Us for the 2020 AIANE Design Awards Program
The 2020 AIA New England Design Awards Program is hosted by AIA Vermont and will take place virtually. Register below to receive the link.
The event program is as follows:
Design for a Changing World: How Can Architecture Respond to Societal Shifts?
Our values and beliefs define us, as well as our built environment. Architecture is a manifestation of our beliefs which, in turn, can lead us to new ways of living and valuing the world around us. 2020 has been a year of unprecedented change as our country responds to the COVID-19 pandemic and the ensuing economic fallout, and the Black Lives Matter social justice movement. How will architecture, and the institutions of our communities respond? With representation from the fields of economics, sociology, arts and culture, sustainability, and architecture, our panel discussion will look for evidence of where our culture is going, and provide clues for architects as we look to re-envision our communities.
Panelists will include:
- Phil Bernstein, Associate Dean of Architecture at Yale School of Architecture
- Aimee Vieira, Ph.D. Associate Professor of Sociology at Norwich University and Interim Director, School of Justice Studies and Sociology
- Arthur Brooks, Teacher at Bennington College, Musician and Founding member of Ensemble 5
- John Fernandez, Director and Professor, MIT Environmental Solutions Initiative
- Steve Pecsok, Ph.D. Assistant Professor of Economics at Middlebury College
Co-Moderators: Gregor Masefield, AIA and Jeff McBride, AIA
Panel Discussion Credits: 1.5 LU (Pending)
Hear from the awards jury as they discuss their definition of design excellence, how they chose the projects selected for awards, and how the events of 2020 influenced their thinking.
Meet the 2020 AIANE Design Awards Jury
The winners of the 2020 AIA New England Design Awards will be announced. This year’s jury deliberations were recorded, and comments will be included in the announcement of winning projects. RSVP