- This event has passed.
WEBINAR: MgO Sheathing for Exterior Wall Assemblies in Commercial Wood
Thu September 28 at 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
1 LU | HSW
Presented by Huber Engineered Woods, a Chapter Partner
Course Description: This course investigates the use of MgO sheathing panels for exterior wall applications in wood frame projects of Type III and V construction through a review of MgO material properties and characteristics of MgO panels that make them uniquely suited for use as exterior sheathing, a discussion of how MgO panels meet code requirements for exteriors walls in these applications, and an overview of the structural performance, fire resistance properties, and specifications of selected fire-rated assemblies.
Learning Objectives: After completion of this course, participants will be equipped to:
- Identify building code requirements for exterior walls and the test methods used to assess them, including compliance with NFPA 285.
- Identify the physical characteristics of magnesium oxide (MgO) panels in terms of their make-up and basic performance attributes for use in wall assemblies in wood frame projects.
- Describe the structural performance of exterior walls utilizing MgO sheathing to provide lateral resistance in shear and braced walls.
- Compare and contrast fire-resistance rated assemblies with MgO sheathing and other material types.
- Identify credible partners when specifying MgO products in wood frame wall assemblies.