WEBINAR: Mineral Silicate Finishes—Extremely Durable, Breathable and Non-fading Finishes for Masonry and Concrete
Wed January 26 at 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
1 LU | HSW
Zoom Registration required
This week’s webinar is presented by KEIM Mineral Coatings of America, Inc.
This course will cover mineral silicate paints and stains, how they function and what makes them inherently different than latex or acrylic paints. We will explore the legendary durability of mineral paints and when and where to specify them for maximum performance, and what makes these finishes ideal in new construction, renovation and historic restoration. In addition, we will review the health, safety and welfare benefits of mineral silicates that have made them extremely popular with green and sustainable construction practices.
- You will learn how mineral silicate paints function and their impact on coating performance over the short and long terms.
- You will be able to identify six basic differences between mineral silicate paints and their latex and acrylic counterparts for architectural applications.
- Relate these differences to historic restoration and understand how they are important to restoration and preservation efforts.
- Describe where to use mineral silicate paints and stains and why they are particularly suited to certain projects and surfaces.
- Understand the difference in appearance of mineral finishes and how this can enhance a project’s overall aesthetics.
- See how mineral silicate paints and stains are the compatible choice for concrete surfaces in new, renovation and historic environments.