- This event has passed.
Webinar: Oldcastle Architectural presents, Designing for a Healthier, Safer Building Environment
Tue April 28, 2020 at 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Zoom Registration required
Course Description: Because of its modular nature, different concrete masonry units can be combined within the same wall to achieve variations in texture, pattern, and color. Because of its durable nature, and use of less embodied energy, masonry is an environmentally friendly building product. Masonry offers a variety of different facial applications that can greatly enhance the decorative appearance of the building.
This program will also discuss the critical specification process of masonry for the architect, as well as touch base on LEED V4 which is becoming more prevalent in today’s construction market.
- Explain how different CMU products are manufactured to comply with ASTM standards
- Describe how CMUs perform on Fire Testing and how you can achieve a specific Fire Rating using concrete masonry units
- Discuss proper masonry strategies to manage moisture in a masonry wall and understand the advantages of a water repellant admixture in the unit and mortar
- Investigate how CMUs contribute to “Green Building” and sustainable designs
- Identify options for noise transmission control