- This event has passed.
WEBINAR: Proper Application of Storefronts, Window Walls & Curtain Walls
Tue March 21 at 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
1 LU | HSW
Presented by YKK AP, a chapter supporter
Course Description: While storefronts, window walls and curtain walls are all fenestration systems, they do have distinctive differences that dictate where they should be installed on a building. Discover performance attributes of each system and learn basic assembly and installation procedures. Identify where field failures are most likely to occur. Discuss integration of windows and zero sightline vents into wall systems. Explore the latest design concepts to meet more stringent energy codes.
- After completing this course, attendees will be able to:
- Compare the performance attributes of each type system and select the optimal system for each project
- Understand how each system handles water penetration and identify critical sealant areas to prevent leaks
- Understand how each system is properly installed and where field failures are most likely to occur
- Explore new Thermal Strategies to meet ever more stringent energy codes