- This event has passed.
Webinar: Rulon International presents, Considerations for the Design of Wood Ceilings and Wall Systems
Tue May 26, 2020 at 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Zoom Registration required
Course Description: Wood, a material as complex in its origin as its use, requires significant processing and evaluation before it can be used to liven an interior space. Starting with the base material – the tree itself – and ending with a discussion of the various applications, this session will review the primary steps involved in designing and specifying wood ceiling and wall systems.
• Understand the various characteristics of wood species
• Discuss the configurations or profiles most commonly found in wood ceilings & walls
• Recognize the value of engineering and early involvement
• Discuss project completion and operations & maintenance
• Understand and identify the acoustics of a room
• Review sustainable manufacturing through both product and practice
• Evaluate the relationship between wood and water
• Reinforce the need for life safety and the fire performance of wood
• Compare options and review the concern of seismic zones
• Discuss solution-based integrations and the benefits of coordinated detailing
• Determine general costing for specific items and various wood species