- This event has passed.
Webinar: Unilock presents, Commercial Outdoor Amenity Spaces, Roof Deck Pedestal Applications
Thu August 27, 2020 at 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Zoom Registration required
Course Description: Over the last few decades exterior buildings spaces have transformed with the architecture and demand from the users. No longer is the roof used only for utilities. There is now an expectation for buildings to create comprehensive activity areas and social space. More than a luxury item, these outdoor areas are a highly desired amenity and way of life. With this transformation, newer and modern aesthetically pleasing materials are being selected to create amazing Outdoor Amenity Spaces. There are more options than ever before including modern concrete slabs, pedestal rated natural stone slabs and porcelain tile. Technical concerns with durability will be addressed along with an in-depth look at the customization process for concrete products. The connection between the roof and site paving will be examined and the options available for creating an inclusive design.
After completion of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Review of the evolution of modern outdoor amenity roof spacers.
- Evaluate and determine which paving support system is appropriate for the project.
- Describe the advantages of each paving support system.
- Compare and evaluate concrete slabs,natural stone slabs and porcelain tiles for
- roofing systems.
- Understand the technical aspects including testing and strength of each paving system for roofs.
- Evaluate several pedestal systems available.
- Explore a comprehensive plan for roof and site paving.
- Understand the customization options for concrete slabs and pavers options available for creating an inclusive design.